Nomination process opens for Corporate Governance Awards 2020
Corporate Secretary has opened the submissions process for this year’s Corporate Governance Awards.
Entries can be submitted free of charge by corporate secretaries, general counsel, compliance officers and other governance officials at companies listed/domiciled in the US, or by vendors or service providers on behalf of their clients.
The winners of the 13th annual Corporate Governance Awards will be announced at a ceremony in New York on November 18 – which is also the date of the Corporate Secretary Think Tank. The awards recognize companies’ and individuals’ outstanding achievements in governance, risk and compliance.
The categories open for nomination this year are:
- Best ESG reporting
- Best compliance and ethics program (small to mid-cap and large cap)
- Best proxy statement (small cap, mid-cap and large cap)
- Best shareholder engagement
- Best use of technology
- *NEW CATEGORY* Best governance by a cross-listed company
- *NEW CATEGORY* Best AGM
- *NEW CATEGORY* Best global entity management
- Governance professional of the year (small to mid-cap and large cap)
- Governance team of the year (small to mid-cap and large cap)
- Rising star
Entries can be submitted using an online form, which also includes information about the entry guidelines and category criteria. The deadline for submitting entries is midnight on Friday, July 31, 2020.
Entries will be judged by a panel of experts comprising GRC professionals and members of the Corporate Secretary editorial team. The judging panel will be announced in the coming weeks. It is free to submit an entry and professionals can nominate in multiple categories.
Finalists will be informed from early September and the full short lists will be released in October.
Details of last year’s awards can be found here.