Webinar – Climate change and governance teams: The latest trends
In partnership with
Tuesday, March 30, 2021
8.00 am PT / 11.00 am ET / 4.00 pm BST / 5.00 pm CET
Duration: 45 minutes
Far from dropping down the pecking order of ESG topics amid the pandemic, the climate crisis is taking on ever-greater prominence for investors and regulators. This is fueled in part by a new US administration and a growing sense of urgency in both the corporate and investing communities. Governance teams need to respond with effective engagement, disclosure and compliance efforts.
Our panel of experts will examine the latest developments and provide practical insights on best practices. Topics for discussion will include:
- What are we seeing in terms of climate-related shareholder proposals and voting so far this proxy season?
- Given the SEC’s new review of companies’ climate change disclosures, what should general counsel bear in mind about the commission’s 2010 guidance and compliance?
- How are investors’ expectations developing in regards to climate-related disclosures?
- What role should governance teams play in developing and communicating the net-zero emissions plans their companies produce?
- What potential liabilities do such forward-looking statements bring?
- Would a safe harbor (as has been suggested by Jay Clayton) be helpful in improving such forward-looking disclosures and related engagement?
- What are the latest best practices for climate-related disclosures?
|Moderator: Ben Maiden, editor-at-large, Corporate Secretary|
|Evan Barth, senior counsel, IBM|
|Veena Ramani, senior program director, capital market systems, Ceres|
|Dottie Schindlinger, executive director, Diligent Corporation|
Short, sharp and packed with expert insight, this webinar will get you up to speed on these critical issues in just 45 minutes. Sign up to BrightTALK to view this essential briefing and be informed of future webinars produced by Corporate Secretary.