Webinar – How boards are working during Covid-19 and what comes next
In parternership with
Wednesday, July 22, 2020
8.00 am PDT / 11.00 am EDT / 4.00 pm BST / 5.00 pm CET
Duration: 45 minutes
Corporate secretaries and general counsel, like everyone else, have been coping with unprecedented upheaval in how they fulfill their duties as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic. Engaging with shareholders, preparing ESG reports and focusing on human-capital management issues have all presented new challenges.
Boards of directors have also needed to find new ways to meet their responsibilities. As health and safety considerations have forced hundreds of companies to switch to virtual AGMs, so too have boards been gathering online. The demands of the pandemic and associated risk oversight, as well as the nature of virtual meetings, have led to more frequent but shorter and more targeted discussions.
Our panel of experts will look at how boards have changed the way they work, what that means for governance teams and how board operations may look in the ‘new normal’, tackling questions such as:
- What has been the impact of moving to more frequent board meetings or catch-up calls?
- How has the switch to virtual meetings affected boards in terms of content and structure?
- What are best practices for corporate secretaries and general counsel in preparing for and conducting virtual board meetings – for example, in sharing reading materials via portals and creating the agenda?
- How can the social and interactive aspects of in-person board meetings be met in a virtual setting?
- Will virtual board meetings continue beyond Covid-19? How else might board meetings change?
- How has the switch to virtual AGMs affected board members?
- Has the pandemic affected the board’s involvement in shareholder engagement? Will any changes continue?
- How has the pandemic affected the board’s approach to risk oversight – including cyber-security – and strategic thinking?
Short, sharp and packed with expert insight, this webinar will get you up to speed on these critical issues in just 45 minutes. Sign up to BrightTALK to view this essential briefing and be informed of future webinars produced by Corporate Secretary.