Webinar – Learning from proxy season 2021 for the year ahead
In partnership with
Thursday, August 12, 2021
8.00 am PT / 11.00 am ET / 4.00 pm BST / 5.00 pm CET
Duration: 45 minutes
The 2021 proxy season has proven to be a potential game changer for many in the governance world. Among other things, US companies and investors saw record numbers of environmental and social proposals gain approval. There have also been record levels of support for shareholder proposals in areas such as board diversity, political contributions and plastic pollution, and steep rises in the numbers of proposals focused on workforce diversity and climate change.
In this webinar, our panel of experts will look at some of the key trends from the proxy season – and how governance teams can learn from them as they look to their plans for the coming year.
Topics for discussion include:
- What do shifting investor expectations mean for director recruitment and evaluation?
- How should this year’s say-on-pay votes influence executive compensation discussions?
- Based on investor voting, how should teams approach off-season engagement with both investors and other stakeholders?
- Is negotiating away ESG proposals an increasingly attractive option?
- What lessons are there for corporate secretaries when planning interaction with shareholders before and at their 2022 AGMs?
|Dottie Schindlinger, executive director, Diligent Corporation|
|Moderator: Ben Maiden, editor-at-large, Corporate Secretary|
Further speakers to be announced
Short, sharp and packed with expert insight, this webinar will get you up to speed on these critical issues in just 45 minutes. Sign up to BrightTALK to view this essential briefing and be informed of future webinars produced by Corporate Secretary.