Webinar – Making entity management and M&A a success amid Covid-19
In partnership with
The Covid-19 pandemic initially led many boards to pause their pursuit of M&A activity amid economic uncertainty and the need to focus on keeping their own companies afloat. But that activity has been returning in recent months. CNN recently cited data from Refinitiv showing that 37 deals worth $5 billion or more, totaling $496 billion, were announced between July and September, making it the busiest third quarter since records began in the 1970s.
As transactions have returned, so has the need for legal and compliance teams to complete their work on deals in unprecedented circumstances. Companies are also looking at organic growth. Our panel of experts will look at how professionals can pursue due diligence, entity management and other efforts successfully amid a pandemic.
Topics for discussion will include:
• What are the challenges and risks of conducting pre-deal due diligence while team members work remotely and face travel restrictions?
• How can technology and best practices address these challenges?
• During a potentially busy period for M&A but with limited resources, how can technology help with entity management?
• How have laws and regulations changed globally as a result of the pandemic that teams need to be aware of while conducting M&A?
• How can in-house teams make sure they are part of the company’s strategic thinking on M&A? And how should they be advising the board at this time?
• How can in-house teams best handle entity management as part of organic company growth?
• What is current thinking on best practices regarding entity rationalization and corporate structures?
• What can in-house teams do to ensure they are ready to take on an M&A deal at short notice?
|Saswat Bohidar, senior director and associate general counsel for M&A and ventures, Hewlett Packard Enterprise|
|Reyner Meikle, president and CEO, Agile Legal|
|Claudia Poernig, partner, Baker & McKenzie|
|Moderator: Ben Maiden, editor-at-large, Corporate Secretary|
Short, sharp and packed with expert insight, this webinar will get you up to speed on these critical issues in just 45 minutes. Sign up to BrightTALK to view this essential briefing and be informed of future webinars produced by Corporate Secretary.