Nomination process opens for 2019 Corporate Governance Awards
Corporate Secretary has opened the submissions process for the 2019 Corporate Governance Awards.
Entries can be submitted free of charge by corporate secretaries, general counsel, compliance officers and other governance officials at any company listed/domiciled in the US, or by vendors and service providers on behalf of their clients. The international category is open to any publicly traded non-US company.
The winners of the 12th annual Corporate Governance Awards will be announced at a ceremony in New York on November 21. The awards recognize companies’ and individuals’ outstanding achievements in governance, risk and compliance.
The categories open for nomination this year are:
- Best ESG reporting
- Best compliance and ethics program (small to mid-cap and large cap)
- Best shareholder engagement
- Best use of technology
- Best proxy statement (small cap, mid-cap and large cap)
- Best overall governance for a private company
- Best overall governance – international
- Governance professional of the year (small to mid-cap and large cap)
- Governance team of the year (small to mid-cap and large cap)
- Rising star
Entries can be submitted using an online form. The form also includes information about the entry guidelines and category criteria. The deadline for submitting entries is Friday, July 26, 2019.
Entries will be judged by a panel of experts comprising GRC professionals and members of the Corporate Secretary editorial team. The judging panel will be announced in the coming weeks. It is free to submit an entry and professionals can nominate in multiple categories.
Finalists will be informed from early September and the full short lists will be released in October.
Details of last year’s awards can be found here.