Corporate Governance Awards nominations deadline extended
Corporate Secretary is extending the deadline for nominations for this year’s Corporate Governance Awards until Friday, July 30.
Entries can be submitted – free of charge – by corporate secretaries, general counsel, compliance officers and other governance officials at companies listed/domiciled in the US, or by vendors or service providers on behalf of their clients.
The winners of the 14th annual Corporate Governance Awards will be announced at a special virtual ceremony on November 11. The categories open for nomination this year are:
Best compliance and ethics program
Best ESG reporting
Best global entity management
*NEW CATEGORY* Best governance around a corporate transaction
Best proxy statement (small cap, mid-cap and large cap)
Best shareholder engagement
Best use of technology
Governance professional of the year (small to mid-cap and large cap)
Governance team of the year (small to mid-cap and large cap)
Details of the awards can be found here. Entries can be submitted using an online form, which also includes information about the entry guidelines and category criteria. The deadline for submitting entries is midnight on Friday, July 30, 2021.
The full short lists will be released in mid-October, with those on the short lists being informed in the weeks before.
The panel of distinguished judges for this year’s Corporate Governance Awards features:
- Anna Catalano, member of the boards of Willis Towers Watson, Kraton Corporation, HollyFrontier Corporation, Frontdoor and Appvion
- Joan Conley, senior adviser on corporate governance and ESG programs at Nasdaq
- Lucy Fato, executive vice president, general counsel and global head of communications and government affairs, American International Group
- Matthew Geekie, senior vice president, secretary and general counsel, Graybar
- Eileen Kamerick, non-executive director, ACV Auctions, Legg Mason Closed End Funds, AIG Funds, Associated Banc-Corp and Hochschild Mining.
Details of last year’s awards and winners can be found here.